Home / affordable dental / dental / dental insurance / dental plan / dentist / individual dental plan / teeth / 12 Questions When Selecting A Dental Insurance Plan Online
Thursday, 7 January 2016
Oftentimes many people will get ripped off online simply because they simply don’t plan well enough, do enough research or ask questions. If you are considering on signing up with an online dental company, consider the following tips to help you select the best coverage for you with the most qualified company.
1. Determine what your needs are: individual and family coverage, business and/or group coverage? You will want to know this before you visit any website, because you may have a set budget and will not want to go over it.
2. Do you have the freedom to choose from many discount dental plans? Some sites are only advertising one company and you may want to compare rates with other companies.
3. Are customer care representatives available through an online contact form or by phone 24 hours a day? In the event that you have questions, you will want to be able to get a hold of someone quickly without being ignored or playing phone tag.
4. Does the website have clear policies and are they easily accessible? Companies will not post all the details on the front page of the website, so be sure to click around the site to find out where the policies are and read them.
5. What is the website’s refund and cancellation policy? If you aren’t impressed with the service or found another site less expensive, know how to get out of the membership before you sign up.
7. What is the difference between a discount dental plan and dental insurance? Unlike dental insurance, discount dental plans have no annual limits, no health restrictions and no tedious paperwork hassles. Once you join a discount dental plan, you can start saving right away and some plans even offer savings on cosmetic dentistry, orthodontia and other dental specialties.
8. How soon will service be activated and when will you be able to begin service? Most service should be effective within one to three business days, if you find that it is taking longer contact the company.
9. How old must a member be to purchase an individual plan? There maybe some restrictions or benefits depending on the age.
10. Is there a membership fee? You don’t want any surprises so ask and find out if it will be taking out monthly.
11. Will you be covered if you should visit a dentist out of the network? Most companies will not cover you. If you know of a dentist that you would want to take care of your teeth, be sure he is in the network before you become a member.
12. What are the benefits and savings offered for cosmetic dentistry? Some plans will not cover this kind of work so find out before you schedule any appointments.
For more information, click on the link following this article.